HUMS Vibration Health Monitoring Success
Australia’s Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) has published a Service Difficulty Report (SDR), dated 1 November 2015, that highlights a Health & Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) Vibration Health Monitoring (VHM) success.
During investigation of a HUMS vibration alert, the main rotor head of an Airbus Helicopters EC225/H225 offshore helicopter was examined and wear was identified beyond the limits specified in the maintenance manual. The damper assembly (Time Since New [TSN]: 1047 hours) was replaced.
Among our past articles on HUMS/VHM are:
- Aerossurance Wins MAA HUMS Maintenance Credit Contract
- EASA HUMS Research Developments
- EASA & FAA HUMS / VHM Developments
- HeliOffshore Launch HUMS Best Practice Guide
- Helicopter HUMS Maintenance Credit: New Initiatives
- UPDATE 14 June 2020: Freewheel Jerk on an SA330J Puma at Sea: Oil Analysis Opportunity